|Location||West London, London|
|Area||United Kingdom, Europe|
|Sector||Contracts, Commercial and Planning - Cost|
|Salary||£45000 - £48000 per annum|
Job Title: Technical Estimator
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: West London
My client is established as a world-leading provider of Solar Shading, Screening, Balconies and Balustrading Solutions. It has contributed on iconic projects throughout the UK and in overseas territories, particularly across North America. The client prides itself on its ability to innovate new and exciting solutions.
The Technical Estimator will report into the Sales Director and will be responsible for preparing commercial proposals for bidding/tender projects. The role will require the ability to provide technical advice and costs for various projects within the defined timescales. The Technical Estimator will be required to work with several internal stakeholders from sales, procurement, project managers to the production team. This role will require the ability to handle enquires, redesigning or modifying technical drawings and producing reports explaining deviations and modifications from originals for sales team, clients and/or architects.
The successful candidate will be currently working for a specialist subcontractor in the construction industry (e.g. facades and cladding). Experience of the curtain walling industry would be desirable. Proven track record and capability in delivering successful bids on small variations through to multi-million-pound solutions. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in being able to forward plan and make sound judgements/assessments in relation to budget costs from perhaps limited information. The Technical Estimator will have excellent communication skills, with in depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation processes/systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice and costs for various projects and liaising with the sales team on enquiries.
- Analysing data, monitor budgets and prices using company software packages (ERP-CRM and FileMaker).
- Ensure the estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice.
- Optimise the technical proposal to be a competitive cost to client.
- Have an ability to review drawings and understand the concepts and be able to translate this into a tender letter/bid.
- Ability to outsource and find machinery costs and providing cost breakdowns for materials to the relevant internal teams.
- Ability to handle a number of projects at once, prioritising workload as required and working in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to present estimate by compiling both numerical and descriptive information.
- Ability to apply appropriate cost elements such as overhead, escalation, contingency and profit when preparing a tender letter/estimate bid for a project.
- A keen understanding of the synergies between estimating, scheduling and control of cost
- Ability to identify labour, equipment, material and time requirements for various project cost elements.
- Qualifications & Essential Skills
- Ideally a degree or equivalent, in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related discipline.
- Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role.
- Proficient in mathematics and IT abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Close attention to detail ensuring that all areas of the estimate are correct at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplines
- Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office, ERP-CRM and FileMaker are desirable but not essential.
- Ability to negotiate with clients as and when required.
- Proven track record in analysing information and translating it into other formats for the purpose of a tender/bid.
Note: All candidates applying for this role must be eligible to work and live in the UK without any restriction.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.