Material Engineer (Highways) - Nepal
|Area||Nepal, Southern Asia|
|Sector||Highways & BridgesHighways & Bridges - Highways|
|Salary||$9000 - $11000 per annum|
Materials Engineer (Highways) - Nepal
The market leading infrastructure recruitment specialist is seeking an experienced Highways Material Engineer for an upcoming Highways project in Nepal.
My client is a leading International consultancy who have successfully delivered a number of highways projects around the world and built a strong reputation and relationships with many funding agencies.
Shall be responsible for overall guiding/supervising the work of Material Engineers and Lab Technicians including but not limited to:
- Assist Team Leader/Chief Resident Engineer
- Quality control of the Project
- Collection & Review of data
- Review/Preparation of Quality Assurance Plan 4-5
- Training and technology transfer to counterpart staff
- Material investigations
- Site inspection
- Inspection of Sources of Material
- Production of construction materials
- Setting up of laboratory
- Maintain Test Records
- Supervision/verification of acceptance tests
- Quality Control of Works
- Material/Machine management
- Review of contractor's Material and Equipment schedule
- Mentoring National Key and Non-Key staff in Quality management, quality planning, quality assurance and its implementation.
Key requirements for the role:
- Civil Engineering Degree (Masters in Highway Engineering/ Geotechnical Engineering beneficial)
- 20 years of experience with 15 years in Roads
- 10 years' experience as a Quality Control Engineer, or Geotechnical Engineer in construction supervision with experience in 2 Road projects (of service duration of 2 years or more each).
- Regional experience
Fluency in English writing and communication
The salary package on offer is flexible depending on experience and shall come with a full expatriate package including Flights, accommodation etc.
Key Words / SEO
Civil, Roads, Highways, Resident Engineer, Materials Engineer, Quality Engineer, Construction Supervision, consulting engineering, Asphalt, FIDIC, World Bank, WB, Donor Funded, Nepal, Asia
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any senior Highway and Bridge jobs please contact Oliver Jones at ewi recruitment on o.jones(at)ewi-group.com
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.