Contracts Manager - Water
|Salary||$10000.00 - $11000.00 per month + Acomadation, Transport, Medica|
Contracts Manager - Zambia
Ewi recruitment, a leading infrastructure recruitment specialist, who is seeking a well versed Contracts Manager to work with a leading international consultancy and will be based in Zambia.
This company offers specialist consulting services to the construction and engineering sectors and are now working on a large water project in Zambia.
The Contracts Manager is to be specifically working on a donor funded project on a large water development project in Zambia.
My client is offering Â£11,000 USD per month tax free + accommodation, Transport, Flights and medical.
This is an all inclusive package. My client will assist in finding suitable accommodation with the cost included in the monthly package.
Contract administration, review of contractual issues for the project to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contract in accordance with FIDIC guidelines and regulations.
Providing advice to the Employer on contractual risks.
Analysis and evaluation of the contractual entitlement for all claims received. Evaluation of the entitlement to extensions of time and the claims for additional costs. Review of all contract variations.
The role is to provide support to Program Management with experienced insight into contractor performance, cost and schedule exposures.
-Monitoring of the performance of the Construction Supervising Engineer in administering all the Contracts to protect the Employers risks.
- Inspection and analysis of records and ontractual correspondence and contract notices.
- Enforcement of performance by Contractors in terms of works programs
-Analyse all claim determinations prepared by the Engineer
-Take part in all meetings and negotiations involving claims, disputes and contractual issues involving the CSE as advisor to the Employer
- Advise Employer on all issues concerning contractual exposure, risk and strategy.
-Provide advice to the CSE as required in all aspects involving the Contract.
- Liase with Executive Managers and Legal Department in support of the Program Manager on all contractual and legal issues.
-On behalf of the Employer review of variation orders, task orders, estimation of the cost of the variations, involvement with negotiation of prices with the Contractors.
- Evaluation of claims, submitted by the Contractor.
- Represent the Employer in consultation and negotiation involving claims and disputes.
- Assist with assessment of the Contractorâ€™s potential claims for extension of time and cost.
- Offer strategic guidance to the Employer on all contractual issues impacting on the delivery of the Project
- Provide assistance with the risk management process involving the project
- Liaison with Program Management team and MCA Zambia (Employer).
- Apply Business Management System (BMS), quality standards and HSE procedures.
For this role the client has requested professionals with the following desired skills and experience:
- University degree in engineering, quantity surveying or construction management
- Extensive knowledge of FIDIC Conditions of Contract especially the Red Book
- 20 years or more postgraduate experience with at least 15 years responsible for the administration and management of large Infrastructure projects
- Ability to prepare reports and technical papers
- Candidates shall possess strong computer skills (MS Office products), strong writing and communication skills and work well in team environment
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
-Appropriate Professional registration.
Please contact m.burges@
ewi-group.com and send an up to date copy of your CV. Please also include your Availability, Salary & Package Expectations and current situation.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international assignments please contact Megan Burges at ewi recruitment on