Regional/ Technical Manager -Dams and Hydropower - Africa
|Sector||Power & Renewables - Dams & Hydropower|
|Salary||$8000.00 - $10000.00 per month|
Regional/ Technical Manager - Dams and Hydropower - Africa
My client based from Europe with offices across Europe, Asia and Africa are seeking Regional/ Technical Manager for their Dams and Hydropower business unit to be based in Africa.
Reporting into the General Manager for Africa you will be responsible for leading the Civil Infrastructure (Dams, Hydro and Civil Works) business:
- Developing and implementing the Civil Infrastructure business plans,
- Assisting business development activities across the Division's footprint,
- Managing civil infrastructure opportunities, including EOI and proposal preparation.
- Developing and managing business plans for the Dams and Hydropower market in the Regions/Division in consultation with Regional Managers.
- Assist Region/Country/Subsidiary/Private Sector Business Development Managers in identifying and tracking business opportunities Keep accurate records of the business development activities and ensure continued organizational learning is maintained in the bidding activities.
- Develop and maintain relevant industry contacts.
- In coordination with the Region/Country/Subsidiary/ Private Sector Business Development Manager concerned, appoint a Proposal Manager; assign Project Managers/Directors; nominate technical staff for proposals/projects; and provide staff for project assignments as agreed upon.
- Liaise with the other Division Managers (Water and Environment) to ensure appropriate skills are incorporated into multi-discipline teams created to service the Division's (Dams & Hydropower) clients.
- Coordinate with the other Divisional Managers (Water and Environment) regarding resource utilisation.
- Ensure that project deliverables are reviewed internally at appropriate stages and robust audits are carried out for major projects.
- Provide key expert inputs to projects as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Civil Infrastructure (Water and Environment) budget in the Regions/Division.
- Contribute to project commercial performance and reporting/analysis thereof.
Qualifications and Experiences
- BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering
- Corporate Member / Registration with professional institution
- Minimum 15 years post-qualification experience in dams and hydropower projects with clear progression from technical to senior management roles.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English.
- Strong inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of dams and hydropower engineering discipline, including proven experience in all aspects of the dams and hydropower project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience in managing diverse project and teams
Start Date: before end of March 2018
Salary Package: around $10,000 / month (Attractive benefits)
Base Location: South Africa or Eastern Africa
If you are interested or require further information please send your CV to me in word format with contact details: d.ogunsola@
Apologies if this position is not of interest, please feel free to recommend any friend or colleagues that may be interested. EWI offer a referral scheme so I am always keen to hear of referrals.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
For more information on any international Dams and Hydropower assignments please contact Deji Ogunsola.